Well folks. Labor day weekend is over… my favorite season has begun. I had been itching for fall for quite some time to be honest. However, I decided I would give summer one last try this weekend.
Quite a few of our college friends came into town this weekend for the celebration of this guy’s 1st birthday:
Which means we had an apartment full of friends from Friday-Monday. And it was so fun. And refreshing. And wonderful.
- played board games
- went golfing (guys)/watched Dawson’s Creek (girls)
- ate Portillo’s (the most delish Chicago hotdogs, italian beef and the one and only cake shake… which is a piece of cake thrown into a blender with a shake… it’s as good as it sounds)
- went to the birthday party where we played bags, watched Austin get covered in cake, colored and ate
- ate enormous breakfasts every day (Kev and my speciality)
- watched movies/lounged around
- played sand volleyball
- went swimming
- ate enormous dinners
All in all… it was the perfect way to end summer. I enjoyed some of my favorite summer activities with some of my favorite people and was really able to embrace the fun of summer time for one final time.
I wish I had taken more pictures. But I didn’t. Sorry.
However, just because he is the cutest ever… here are some more Austin pics:
Hope your Labor Day Weekend was a fabulous as mine! Now enjoy the 4-day work week!